Monday, March 16, 2009

Review: How To Ditch Your Fairy by Justine Larbalestier

As you may (or may not) know, I'm part of the Aussie YA Alliance with fellow Aussie book bloggers Adele and Allie. A few weeks ago we featured Justine Larbalestier's How To Ditch Your Fairy.

As part of the feature which included an interview with Justine, we all read the book and discussed it together, in an exciting and interesting 'reviewchat' in which we discussed and reviewed and said all sorts of fun things.
..

Adele: HTDYF is a departure for JL from her normal genre. Were either of you familiar with her other works?
Allie: No, this is my first novel by JL.
Adele: Mine too
Lisa: Familiar in that I've heard of them...haven't read them though.
Adele: So what did you expect the book to be like prior to reading?
Lisa: I figured there would actually be fairies, with personalities.
Adele: Yeah, I was expecting there to be clearly delineated fairy characters also.
Allie: I thought that it would be a cute fairies story. :)
Lisa: It was almost as though they were all crazy and it was all in their heads because none of the other places had fairies.
Allie: Everyone was a little brainwashed.
Allie: And arrogant...
Lisa: Well Charlie was at least
Adele: I loved it when Steffi told her that they were all self-obsessed and narrow minded. She needed to hear that
Lisa: Steffi was too good for her haha
Allie: She did need to hear it. Maybe a little more though, it took a while for it get through
Adele: I thought he was too good for her too. I didn't really see why he would be interested in her. The kissing scenes were a little off putting too, especially when he's in "zombie mode" but I guess that was the intention
Lisa: She was very self obsessed
Allie: Steffi was my favourite, but I didn't see why he didn't run from that crazy town. XD
Adele: Do you think the intention was to have someone have that kind of sports obsession one-track mind in all areas of her life? Let's face it we all know Aussie sports crazed individuals who would see their footy team like Charlie saw her home city of New Avalon....

Well, that's a taste. To read the rest of the reviewchat click here

For the record, I give How To Ditch Your Fairy 3/5 stars, it was fun but I had some issues with it.







10 comments:

  1. I won this today, believe it or not. I can't wait for it to get here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a great review format, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good review! I'll be looking out for this, fo sure.

    p/s; I loveee your sets in polyvore :D

    -goodgirlsreadbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review - it's so interesting to read reviews in this format. Thanks, I enjoyed that! (And I want to read the book!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really liked how you wrote this review. And although I thoroughly enjoyed her Magic or Madness series, I wasn't a great fan of this book. Even if the idea of personal fairies was so very promising.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This wasn't my favorite book - a little too weird and whine-y for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I started this book, and need to finish it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A片,A片,A片,A片,A片,A片情趣用品,情趣,A片,AIO,AV,AV女優,A漫,免費A片,AIO交友愛情館,愛情公寓,情色,情色貼圖,色情小說,情色小說,情色文學,色情,寄情築園小遊戲,色情遊戲,嘟嘟情人色網,一葉情貼圖片區,情色論壇,色情影片,微風成人,嘟嘟成人網,成人,18成人,成人影城,成人圖片區,成人圖片,成人貼圖,UT聊天室,聊天室,豆豆聊天室,哈啦聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,聊天室尋夢園,視訊聊天室,視訊聊天

    麻將,台灣彩卷,六合彩開獎號碼,運動彩卷,六合彩,線上遊戲,矽谷麻將,明星3缺一,橘子町,麻將大悶鍋,台客麻將,公博,game,,中華職棒,麗的線上小遊戲,國士無雙麻將,麻將館,賭博遊戲,威力彩,威力彩開獎號碼,龍龍運動網,史萊姆,史萊姆好玩遊戲,史萊姆第一個家,史萊姆好玩遊戲區,樂透彩開獎號碼,遊戲天堂,好玩遊戲,遊戲基地,無料遊戲王,好玩遊戲區,麻將遊戲,好玩遊戲區,小遊戲,遊戲區,電玩快打,cs online情趣用品,情趣,情趣商品,A片,AIO交友愛情館,AIOAV女優,AV,A漫,免費A片,本土自拍,自拍,愛情公寓,情色,情色貼圖,色情小說,情色小說,情色文學,色情,寄情築園小遊戲,色情遊戲,色情影片,情色網,色情網站,微風成人區,微風成人,嘟嘟成人網,成人,18成人,成人影城,成人圖片區,成人圖片,成人貼圖,成人文章,成人小說,UT聊天室,聊天室,豆豆聊天室,哈啦聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,聊天室尋夢園,080中部人聊天室,080聊天室,中部人聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,苗栗人聊天室,免費視訊聊天,免費視訊,視訊聊天室,視訊聊天情趣用品,情趣,情趣商品,愛情公寓,情色,情色貼圖,色情小說,情色小說,情色文學,色情,寄情築園小遊戲,色情遊戲,AIO交友愛情館,一葉情貼圖片區,情色論壇,色情影片,色情網站,微風成人區,微風成人,嘟嘟成人網,成人,18成人,成人影城,成人圖片,成人貼圖,成人圖片區,成人文章,成人小說,A片,AV女優,AV,A漫,免費A片,自拍,UT聊天室,聊天室,豆豆聊天室,哈啦聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,聊天室尋夢園,080中部人聊天室,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室情趣用品,情趣,情趣商品,愛情公寓,情色,情色貼圖,色情小說,情色小說,情色文學,色情,做愛,寄情築園小遊戲,色情遊戲,AIO交友愛情館,AIO,色情影片,情色網,微風成人,嘟嘟成人網,成人,18成人,成人影城,成人圖片,成人貼圖,成人圖片區,成人文章,成人小說,成人電影,麗的色遊戲,自拍,A片,AV女優,AV,A漫,視訊交友網,視訊,視訊交友,免費視訊聊天室,免費視訊,視訊聊天,視訊聊天室,UT聊天室,聊天室,豆豆聊天室,哈啦聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,聊天室尋夢園,中古車,二手車情色貼圖,日本A片,A片下載,情色A片,AV女優,A漫,免費A片,微風成人,成人網站,成人光碟,嘟嘟成人網,成人,成人影城

    ReplyDelete
  9. It’s really a nice and helpful piece of information. I’m happy that you simply shared this useful info with us. Please stay us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing.
    report writing

    ReplyDelete
  10. Reading this post is really awesome experience. i gain really informative information. really appreciate this blogger..
    uk descriptive essay

    ReplyDelete