Sunday, March 8, 2009

Love The Cover, It's Pinocchio!

Let's all just take a moment to examine this cover of the classic story of Pinocchio by Carlo Collodi.

Sure, that piece of tree bark has eyes.

And yes, it is kind of creepy.

But is it not an excellent and entirely fitting cover for the little wooden boy, Pinocchio?

I believe it is. I love it. It makes me want to read it rather than watch my Disney video version.

(You should go here to read an interesting piece that educating alice wrote about Pinocchio.)

What do you think think? Do you love it or is too creepy?







5 comments:

  1. It is a bit creepy. I wouldn't want the girls to read that version.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about the creepiness. I love Pinocchio but it's still a bit....frightening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Creepy, creepy. Ah, I don't like that, sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always thought of Pinocchio as a polished wood boy rather than that rough bark look. I think it is the lack of eyebrows that is making it spooky for me. Which reminds me of an aunt I used to have...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was really something very special and interesting.
    uk writing

    ReplyDelete