Thursday, May 7, 2009

Review: Paper Towns by John Green

It's funny because Paper Towns is the first book by John Green that I have ever read except I would have definitely said that I was a fan of his before I even picked it up. It's because he seems like a very funny guy and his Nerdfighting youtube videos are hilarious.

It was very cool to see that same wit and cleverness in book-form. I loved all the character's in Paper Towns they were a bit geeky but very funny. This book had a lot of funny moments. Basically, it's about Quentin who devotes the end of his senior year to try and find Margo, his impossibly cool neighbour who has run away and left behind a serious of complicated clues for him to track her down.

What can I say? It's hard not to enjoy a book with a non-stop 24 hour roadtrip and a character who's parents own the world's largest collection of black Santas. Apart from having lots of funny moments, Paper Towns also offers plenty to think over and ponder...

So it's pretty much made of awesome :)

Oh and this is the cover we have in Australia. We only got one option, not two :(







11 comments:

  1. I want to read this book really badly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked it. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved his other two books so I'm really looking forward to read this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks really interesting - I'll have to give it a try! I love your blog sweetie, I've chosen it as a recipitent for an award - take a look see! http://littlemissfashionangel.blogspot.com/2009/05/one-lovely-blog-award-im-proud-to.html
    Love, Emma
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Looking For Alaska, and I badly want to read this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just read Looking for Alaska a week ago. He's an amazing writer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, I like that cover. I haven't seen that one before, but it's cool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The good thing about your information is that it is explicit enough for students to grasp.
    Thanks for your efforts in spreading academic knowledge.

    Regards
    Jack

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi This one is wonderful which is a real good post . I think it should help us a lot from the related stuff which is completely helpful for me.Very well written I appreciate & must say good

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great review! I'm going to be looking forward to reading this.
    --------------------------
    same day writing

    ReplyDelete