Saturday, February 21, 2009

Review: Across The Pond by Storyheart

Across The Pond is a YA novel by Storyheart that sees the main character, Fred shipped 'across the pond' to stay with family friends while his parents go on holiday. While there, Fred falls for Brit, who he is staying with. Together they get up to lots of fun in the USA, all while Fred is dutifully noting the differences in culture and language between their two countries for a school project.

It was a sweet, fun read. The relationship between Fred and Brit seemed genuine and was lovely to read about. I found myself finishing each chapter with a big grin on my face!

After a while I began to find the constant pointing out of word differences a little tedious (maybe it's because I'm Australian!) but all in all I had a great time reading Across The Pond and look forward to future adventures with Fred and Brit!

I rate Across The Pond 3.5/5 stars :) You can get it on amazon here and can also check out my interview with the author here. If you're looking to learn a bit about another culture, or just want a fun with read with a bit of romance, go check it out!







4 comments:

  1. Yes I think it's that you understand the word differences, for many of the western colonials they had no idea *grin* I mean just say I mentioned about shooting a few tubes after some toast and Vegemite (make mine mamrmite any time).

    Can't wait to see what they make of Brit trying to understand an English Christmas .. I mean to her crackers are something you put cheese on *grin*

    I'm glad you enjoyed the book and it put a smile on your face and thank you for the review and interview

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate it!
    Thanks a lot for a bunch of good tips.
    I look forward to reading more on the topic in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! I'm going to be looking forward to reading this.
    book report

    ReplyDelete