Friday, April 3, 2009

Review: Going Too Far by Jennifer Echols

Going Too Far by Jennifer Echols is a perfect example of when a romantic teen novel can be done oh-so right. A fresh storyline; Meg gets caught, trespassing and drunk, and is made to spend her spring break riding around with (spunky) tough cop John on the night shift for the week to learn her lesson. It's got deep, well-developed characters with secrets and desires and the capacity to make witty, sarcastic or cutting remarks. Plus there's plenty of teen angst and attitude and conflicting emotions.

Jennifer Echols is also great at dropping hints and clues that you can pick up on if you want to be all sleuthy and try to figure out some stuff if you like or else you can go with it and marvel at the sneaky things that you read but thought nothing of earlier.

It's really addictive stuff, I loved the story and the characters. Plus, it wasn't superficial, there was plenty of things going on that the character's had to work out and get over so I didn't feel like my IQ was slowing dropping but I still got that great buzz from reading a chick book! Aaaah book heaven :)

Highly recommended! 4/5 stars!

I don't think you can find much stuff by Jennifer Echols in Australia but I will now devote my time to trying to track down her other books :)

Also, check out Jennifer's website (http://www.jennifer-echols.com/) and blog (http://jenniferechols.livejournal.com/)







6 comments:

  1. Join the club. I was ordering books in from Borders. Still, it was worth it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds really good and the cover is eye catching. Might have to get this one. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great review! I loved this book too and Echols is amazing. Be warned however, that her other books are very different from this one. the rest are romantic comedies and while they are fabulous they are very different from Going Too Far

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am giving away a signed copy of this book on my blog! I loved it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard really good stuff about this one and I can't wait to pick it up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the great review.
    -------------------------------
    non plagiarized

    ReplyDelete