Friday, May 8, 2009

Movie News! The Forest Of Hands And Teeth

Carrie Ryan, author of The Forest of Hands and Teeth, posted on her blog yesterday/this morning (depending on where you are, haha) that the film rights for The Forest of Hands and Teeth have been sold. Now that's exciting!

This is from Publisher's Weekly:

Alan Nevins of Renaissance Literary & Talent has just closed film rights on Carrie Ryan's YA novel, The Forest of Hands and Teeth. Nevins, who brokered the deal on behalf of Jim McCarthy at Dystel Literary, sold the book, which Delacorte Books for Young Readers published in March, to Seven Star Pictures (K-11, forthcoming). Nevins said the book, a zombie thriller set in colonial times about a girl who lives in a religious community in the woods and is equally worried about a zombie invasion and her planned marriage, is in line to "do for zombies what Twilight did for vampires." Supposedly Seven Star is developing the project for an-as-yet-unnamed A-list starlet, and fast-tracking the project with a first draft of the screenplay already in the works.

I'm a movie fan and I usually like to visualise how I'd adapt a book into a film as I read it. I'm really curious to see how they do this. As I read The Forest of Hands and Teeth I got a distinct The Village vibe, with the whole religious-community-in-the-woods thing and it's all about zombies so it's going to be a zombie movie - I wonder how they will set it apart from other zombie movies. Also will it be actual-scary or just scary-for-tweens?! Speaking of zombie movies, how cool is 28 Days Later?! I should watch that again sometime.

I wonder who the 'A-list starlet' will be!

And in other cool and related news, here's the UK/Australian cover for the follow-on book The Dead-Tossed Waves...









13 comments:

  1. Wow wow wow! If only the movie was already being made... it takes a frustratingly long time from the rights being sold to the movie coming out. I can't wait two years.
    I loved The Village, too.
    I wonder if they'll try and get Kristen Stewart? I can see her being the girl on the cover of the US version, for some reason...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the movie doesn't ruin the book. TFOHAT is amazing and I would hate to get all excited...and it suck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the book was awesome and i really really hope the movie is just as good:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love reading it.
    your work is very good and i appreciate your work and hopping for some more informative posts .

    ReplyDelete
  5. i REALLY hope kristen stewart wont be cast as mary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE THE BOOK! I just got it, then finished it last night.... I hope that when I get older, since I too want to be an author, that my work will be at least half as good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. when is the ACTUAL movie coming out ? I really want to see it, i read all books but personally my favorite was "The And Hollow Places" awsome book(: Atleast for sure that book must be made into an awsome movie(;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was my favorite book too! Do you know when it's going to be made into a movie I would love to see it!

      Delete
  8. Thanks so much to giving us this information, I understand a lot of very valuable information and meaningful knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This my pleasure to get information here about...! Thanks for sharing this useful information with us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I freaking love tis book! I wish I were a part of it! Elias is so HOT!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVELOVELOVE this book!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I cryed 10 times!

    ReplyDelete