Sunday, June 7, 2009

Lemony Snicket Appreciation Post (Part 9)

A man of my acquaintance once wrote a poem called "The Road Less Traveled", describing a journey he took through the woods along a path most travelers never used. The poet found that the road less traveled was peaceful but quite lonely, and he was probably a bit nervous as he went along, because if anything happened on the road less traveled, the other travelers would be on the road more frequently traveled and so couldn't hear him as he cried for help. Sure enough, that poet is dead.
- Lemony Snicket

http://images.allmoviephoto.com/2004_Lemony_Snicket%27s_A_Series_of_Unfortunate_Events/2004_unfortunate_events_037.jpg

A man of my acquaintance once wrote a poem called "The Road Less Traveled", describing a journey he took through the woods along a path most travelers never used. The poet found that the road less traveled was peaceful but quite lonely, and he was probably a bit nervous as he went along, because if anything happened on the road less traveled, the other travelers would be on the road more frequently traveled and so couldn't hear him as he cried for help. Sure enough, that poet is dead.
- Lemony Snicket

http://www.impawards.com/2004/posters/lemony_snickets_a_series_of_unfortunate_events_ver2.jpg

One of the world's most popular entertainments is a deck of cards, which contains thirteen each of four suits, highlighted by kings, queens and jacks, who are possibly the queen's younger, more attractive boyfriends.
- Lemony Snicket

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42193000/jpg/_42193784_orphans203courtesy.jpg

Stealing, of course, is a crime, and a very impolite thing to do. But like most impolite things, it is excusable under certain circumstances. Stealing is not excusable if, for instance, you are in a museum and you decide that a certain painting would look better in your house, and you simply grab the painting and take it there. But if you were very, very hungry, and you had no way of obtaining money, it would be excusable to grab the painting, take it to your house, and eat it.
- Lemony Snicket

http://neatorama.cachefly.net/images/2009-02/lemony-snicket-cover-redesign.jpg

It is useless for me to describe to you how terrible Violet, Klaus, and even Sunny felt in the time that followed. If you have ever lost someone very important to you, then you already know how it feels, and if you haven't, you cannot possibly imagine it.
- Lemony Snicket

http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/images/n9/n47871.jpg







4 comments:

  1. I love your LS posts; having sampled several the deliciously clever snippets, I think I'll have to read the series!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me again! I have an award for you at my blog!
    crackinspines.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am writing my essay website project and getting important points from different blogs and forums and This is my pleasure to being here on this blog..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.
    Custom Dissertations

    ReplyDelete